Social media is an integral part of our world today and our engagement with it will continue to increase in 2020.
Whilst it brings many advantages the festive period is a time to engage in the moment. Spending time with friends and family and enjoying that experience will prove far richer than any smartphone. Putting the devices down will provide space for laughs, downtime and the occasion to make memories – all invaluable in a world intent on growing at rocket pace.
Whilst going cold turkey is probably impractical and unrealistic here are some tips to reduce the social media usage. Why don’t you give it a try?
1. Reduce the aimless scrolling – only check your phone at allocated times.
2. Liberate yourself from the constant pinging – remove the alert notifications.
3. Help break the habit – leave your phone in a designated space away from temptation.
4. Get a good nights sleep – leave phones downstairs to avoid the temptation.
5. Reduce the work worry by alerting customers to the best way to contact you over the festive period before the big switch off.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from everyone at Buy Time.